Read the the following report text about elephants. Then, answers the questions that follow!
Elephants The Amazing Animal
Elephants are the largest land animals on earth. They have the largest brains of any mammal. Elephants talk to each other. Researchers have discovered more than 50 different types of calls that they use to communicate with each other. Their trunks are strong enough to pick up trees but sensitive enough to pick up a flower. They use them as tool to sweep paths, to scratch themselves, to swat flies, and to draw in the dirt. They are good swimmers and use their trunks like snorkels. They live together in family groups. They help each other when in trouble. They join together to care for and rescue their young
Comprehension questions :
1. What kind of animal is reported in the text ?
2. What is its brain like ?
3. Mention its parts of the body as described in the text !
4.Which of the following descriptions is not correct?
Elephants can't take flowers
They can communicate well with their babies
They are cooperative among others
5. How do they sweep paths ?
6. Who discovered that elephants have different types of calls they use for communication ?
7. Do elephants like to isolate themselves from other elephants ? Why or why not ?