1. HOW TO MAKE GADO-GADO (VEGETABLE SALAD WITH PEANUT SAUCE)
- 2 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 cup 1" cut long beans
- 1 bunch swamp cabbage cut up
- 2 cup beansprouts
- a few lettuce leaves
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup cooked cubed soya bean cake
- 1 medium size boiled potato cubed
- 1 sliced hard-boiled egg
- 2 tablespoons fried onion shrimp crackers
- 1 cup fried peanut
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon shrimp
- 2 red chillies
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind
- 1 lemon
salt to taste
water, depending on desired thickness
- mortar and pestle
- serving dish
1. Boil separately the cabbage, long beans, swamp cabbage and beansprouts than put aside.
2. Pound the fried peanut into a fine powder. Using the mortar and pestle, crush the garlic, shrimp paste, chillies, brown sugar, tamarind into a paste adding a little salt.3. Mix the peanut and the paste together and add the water to desired thickness.
4. Squeeze the lemon into the sauce.
1. On a serving dish spread the vegetables out. Put the cabbage first, round the edge with lettuce, then put the cucumber slices on top of the lettuce. In the centre put the others vegetables, the soya bean, potato, garnish with the sliced egg.2. Pour the sauce over all this, and garnish with fried onion and shrimp crackers.