I remember the day when I first got Sandy, my 7 year old cat. I wanted to name her because she was so cute. My older sister Michelle convinced me to name her Sandy Bucket instead; so we could call her Sandy for short. I was so attached to Sandy. Every time I saw her, I couldn’t walk away, I would just have to hug her. I even slept at the end of my bed, so I can hug her the whole night even though I was freezing. I always remember so many fun times with Sandy. Like when we would run and jump off the end of our pier, and Sandy would chase after us. When I was scared or mad, I would just hug Sandy and everything wouldn’t be so bad. But one night, right before I went to bed, my mom let her out. While I went to sleep, my mom went to call Sandy back in. But she didn’t come in, so I thought she maybe went inside my neighbor’s house. As my mom and dad went outside to look for Sandy, I became really worried. They couldn’t find her. Every ten minutes they would go out to look for her, so I went to bed hoping she was safe. I just thought she got lost and would come back tomorrow. The next day was the worst. My mom woke us early and told me and my sister, Michelle, that Sandy died last night. I was so sad and did not want to do anything that day. When I was going to school, I could not stop crying. At school all my friends made me cards and tried to make me stop crying, but I couldn’t. my teacher would always look at me and ask why I was crying. Even my friends was crying with me. When I got home I went to my room crying really loudly. I wanted to scream. I came downstairs and hugged my mom. She said we could get another cat. Then, she was trying to find a new cat on the internet. But I did not want another cat. I want Sandy. She never found one that looked like Sandy or at the same age or even in the same kind. That night I slept with my mom and we prayed for Sandy. I kept thinking she was a ghost at the end of the bed, so I stayed closed to my mom. The next day I figured out that if Sandy was a ghost, she would not scare me or haunt me. She would be waiting for me to play with her. I still think about Sandy every day and wish she could come back.
1. The type of the text is …a. Spoofb. Newsitemc. Recountd. Narrativee. Report
2. What is the main idea of the text …a. Sandy’s deadb. The lost of beloved catc. The careless of the writer’s momd. Looking for Sandye. The writer slept with her mom
3. How could the cat got lost?a. The cat played with another catb. The neigbour kept the cat in his/her housec. Someone took the cat to the remote aread. The thief took the cate. The writer’s mom let the cat out one night
4. What did the writer’s mom do to support the writer?a. She slept with the writerb. She supported to the policemanc. She was trying to find a new cat on the internetd. She bought a new cate. She gave the writer money
5. What is the purpose of the text?a. To tell you about past eventb. To describe a placec. To tell you a joked. To tell you a storye. to persuade you to do something