Simple Past Tense
was sleeping when you … him last night.
o was calling
woman had already left when her friends …
sometimes … my head under the water when I swam in the ocean.
the tour participants … the sunrise this morning?
people … in poverty for two decades.
did you … your last weekend?
made mistakes because they didn’t … the guidelines.
… regret if you joined the community.
businessman … the sales contract two days ago.
o backs out of
o backed out of
wasn’t her who … money from your wallet.
1. My friend ............... guitar everyday.
2. Toni........to swim and he........to swimming pool
A. Like - go
B. Likes - goes
C. Liked - went
3. Wulan and Tetra ............ fried chicken every week.
4. Did Tian and Arie ...............the song together?
5. Do you .............the grass in the garden everyweek?
6.He ……with Dinda yesterday
Sarah, I am
writing to you just to memorize
about our holiday in your city last year.
I (7).... So happy being
there with you. We (8).....many tourism
objects like Parangtritis Beach, Prambanan Temple, and
Malioboro. I really enjoyed the places. We (9).......many foods and
souvenirs there. We also(10)... The pictures scenery. We
(11)... So happy spending time together.
I hope we can
visit there again next time.
7. A. Is
8. A. Visited
9. A. Buy
10. A. Take
11. A. Were
1. I don’t have enough money to buy lunch. ____
you lend me a couple of dollars?
2. That ice is dangerously thin now. You ____ go
A. Might not
B. Would mind not
3. It’s way past my bedtime and I’m really tired.
I ____ go to bed.
4. He ____ have committed this crime. He wasn’t
even in the city that night.
5. You seem to be having trouble there. ____I help
6. Teddy got a bed score for his examination,
____study hard for next
Should have studied B. Could have
C. Might have studied
7. My father ____ play guitar when he was child
8. I have been invited my friends to come, They
9. The sky so dark, it
10. There`s a baby area, you
C. Should not
1. … read the terms and conditions.
you ever … the beautiful desert scenery?
Mahesa been to New Zealand?
cousin … as a medical assistant for almost a year.
o have worked
o has worked
… left the letter on your desk.
much have you … for clothes that you never wear?
businessman … offered her three times the value of her property, but she’s
hasn’t … a bribe for education services, has he?
as well as her sister … used organic products for skin care since January.
of the students … completed the final exam.
o 've just
o 's just