Tolong bantu pr aku yah?
The Lion and The Mouse
Once, when a lion was asleep, a little mouse began running
up and down upon him, this soon wakened the lion, who placed his huge paw upon
him, and opened his big jaws to swallow him.
“Pardon, O king ,”cried the little mouse, “Forgive me this
time, I shall never forget it, who knows but what I may be able to do you a
turn some of these days?” The Lion was so tickled at the idea of the mouse
being able to help him, that he lifted up his paw and let him go.
Some time after the lion was caught in a trap, and the
hunters, who desired to carry him a live to the king, tied him to a tree while
they went in search of a wagon to carry him on. Just then the little mouse
happened to pass by, and see the sad plight in which the lion was. He went up
to the lion and soon gnawed away the ropes that bound the king of the beasts. “Wasn’t
I right?” said the little mouse.
1. What problem did the little mouse have?
2. What problem did the lion have?
3. What did the mouse do to help the lion?
4. What did the little mouse do to prove his word?
5. The word huge means very ….
6. He went up to the lion and soon gnawed away the
ropes that bound the king of the beasts. “Wasn’t I right?” said the little
mouse. What does the underlined word refer to?
7. What is the moral lesson from the text?
8. Paragraph three mainly tells that ….